Thursday, September 9, 2010

Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop
Each week Christine at Crazy-for-Books.com posts a new topic and encourages book bloggers to post on that topic. The goal is to get book bloggers interested in each others blogs and find new readers and new things to read. I won't be participating every week, but I may do a few from time to time. This week's topic is "Post a link to a favorite post or book review that you have written in the past three months."

Probably the favorite book review I've done over the past three months is the The Curse of Capastrano / The Mark of Zorro, but since that one was done just this week, I'll choose The Woman in White as my recent favorite.

When I re-launched this site after a year's hiatus, I wanted to come back with a book I really loved, but one I would have never read if I hadn't been looking for free audiobooks. The Woman in White fit the bill perfectly. The story is suspenseful, the characters memorable, and the reading is excellent. The length is a bit daunting, but listening a little bit at a time while doing chores really makes the time go by. I hope you'll enjoy the review and leave me a comment to let me know you visited.

6 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

I LOVE audio books!
Just stopping by for the Blog Hop. I couldn't find a follow link so I subscribed in google reader. I've got some great giveaways this week. Hope you'll stop by to visit.
~Inspired Kathy
I Am A Reader, Not A Writer
Giveaway Links:
Over The Moon by Diane Daniels.
The Aristobrats by Jennifer Solow.
The Maze Runner by James Dashner.

Read for your future! said...

Just hopping by checking out the sites :) Please come visit at: http://readforyourfuture.blogspot.com
Thanks
Lora

Jennifer said...

Love your blog. I gave up on sites like Librivox a long time ago - it was too frustrating to try to find something that interested me, that was also fun to listen to. I'm looking forward to browsing through your old posts!

pussreboots said...

The Mark of Zorro was a fun book for me to review as well. I wrote that review two years ago, I think.

Happy Friday. Come see what my favorite review is.

Deepali said...

The only audio books I ve read are the Dark Tower series by S. King.
Always put me to sleep, that voice ;)

if I had to pick up one other book to listen to, to give audio another go, which one would you recommend?
e-Volving Books

Sayeth said...

Thanks, all who commented. I've visited your blogs as well and tried to leave comments where the feeling struck me.

@Deepali - Since you like YA and fantasy, I'd recommend Treasure Island or The Lost World. You can also see some of my favorites under the "Best Of" tab at the top of the main page.