Thursday, January 6, 2011

Some other audiobook challenges

Besides the "52 Free Audiobooks in 2011" list here, there's a few other audiobook listening challenges out on the web
    Bewitched Bookworms
  • "Whisper Stories in My Ear" at Bewitched Bookworms. Read twelve audiobooks in the year and enter contests for monthly prizes.
  • 2011 Audiobooks Challenge at Theresa's Reading Corner. Chose a level and read 3, 6, 12, or 20 audiobooks in a year.
  • There's still a few books open in the 5th Annual SFFaudio Challenge. In this one, you record rather than listen to any of the books from a list of science fiction, fantasy, or noir novels in the public domain. Winners get their choice of a selection of audiobooks as a prize.
I'm joining the Whisper Stories in My Ear and the 2011 Audiobooks challenge. As you can guess, it's no big deal for me to listen to over 12 audiobooks in the course of a year. I'm not doing the SFFaudio Challenge - I've recorded a few chapters for LibriVox before, but recording books is tough and takes a lot of time! I have so much respect for the volunteers at LibriVox. I may record a few more chapters or short stories this summer when I have more time, but for now I'll have to stick to listening and reviewing.

No comments: