Tuesday, August 23, 2011

High school reading list

With school starting this week, I'm afraid I won't be able to post a new review. However, since it's the beginning of the school year, I'm posting a list of free audiobooks that are often in assigned reading for literature classes. I'm intending this to be a service for both students and teachers, so they can read and assign some audiobooks without worrying about the ability to pay.

Today, I'll have a list of audiobooks for the high school students; Thursday will be short stories for the high school crowd. If I'm still busy next week, I'll post a list of free audiobooks for the middle school and elementary school classes.

Alphabetical by author's last name:
Flatland by Edwin A. Abbott
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
O Pioneers! by Willa Cather
The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane
The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper
Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
The Souls of Black Folk by W.E.B. Du Bois
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas
Silas Marner by George Eliot
Howards End by E.M. Forster
A Doll's House by Henrik Ibsen
The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka
Macbeth by William Shakespeare
The Jungle by Upton Sinclair
Dracula by Bram Stoker
Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells
Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton

1 comment:

engelsigh said...

Wow, I really need to catch up - I have only read 4 of these books. Pride and Prejudice was one of my favorites when I was younger. I read all of Austen's books before I was in high school. Thanks for sharing the links.