Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Best free audiobooks

Since restarting the blog, I've had quite a few new visitors who haven't been reading all along. To make it easier to find my favorites without digging through the entire archives, I've listed my top 10 favorite free audiobooks below. Of course, it's impossible to compare such different books, and my favorites change depending on my mood, but you can't go wrong with these:
  1. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
  2. Howards End by E.M. Forester
  3. King Solomon's Mines by R. Rider Haggard
  4. The Prisoner of Zenda by Anthony Hope
  5. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
  6. Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
  7. Riders of the Purple Sage by Zane Grey
  8. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  9. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
  10. Whose Body? by Dorothy Sayers
Wow! That was really difficult to pick out only ten! So now it's your turn. What some of your favorite free audiobooks? Leave a comment and I'll listen to your favorites and review them in the near future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://librivox.org/personal-recollections-of-joan-of-arc-by-mark-twain/

Sayeth said...

I love Mark Twain, and John Greenman is great reader. I confess I haven't heard of this book until now. I'll have to give it a shot.